I got an extension for my assignment and should be doing it right now, rather then posting this, but I have a brain freeze anyway. (Anybody know anything about AASB 120 Accounting for Government Grants and Discolusre of Government Assistance and its relation to the old SAC 4 or new Conceptual Framework, especially in regards to revenue recognition criteria? Email me for chrisake!)
Anyway – News from Home:
- Mum and Dad are home from the UK
- Nan sounded real good on the phone
- There have been problems with the bookkeeping in Sydney
- My room is vacant at the Clan & hence I’m offering half rent to anybody who wants to move into a fully furnsihed room until Mid-January. (Thats $56 a week rent for prime Roseville estate people – catch is you have to have a reference from somebody I know)
- Demelza is apparently going to Darwin?
- It was Leigh Hodgsons 22nd on the 31st october (Happy B’day Leigh!)
- Milly had her Eleventieth at the Clan! See Pics below.
News from Canada:
- I got the highest mark I’ve ever gotten on a midterm (91.5% on logic – No idea why my sister can’t understand my arguments – they are clearly logical) Go figure since I’ve been doing all that partying?
- Open Universities suck so much they have to reissue our first assignments (Which I failed! Yay 2nd Chance!) because they posted misleading information. (Assignment was due week 3 but was based on week 5 material!?)
- Open Universities suck so much because I have this bitch of an assignment due on Monday.
- Humanities classes have no point or objective other then to be entertaining. Although its good the lecturer is an Anti-Bush campaigner and is not afraid to compare him to totalatarian dictators similar to those in Margaret Atwoods ‘The handmaids tale.’
- Their is not a single expresso coffee machine in Regina (Or probably Saskatchewan.) They are all instant push button things and they dont know how to do the milk like Heath does. ie. The coffee situation is making me very very nervous. Its a crime. Terrible. I haven’t had a proper (read expresso machine coffee with non-frothy milk) coffee since I left Australia!
- Philosophy Class is Awesome! Expect more posts on that soon!
- Procrastination occurs as much in foreign countries as it does your home country, probably more because you have more interesting things to do!